see the whole forum
and post comments.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome

Make an account, so you can
see new posts marked,
see the whole forum
and post comments.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Answer the question!

+3
EllenMcFelon
JL
Hunny
7 posters

:: Members Forum :: 

Go down

Answer the question! Empty Answer the question!

Post  Hunny Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:25 pm

Answer the question! Question

Okay the idea is simple. Someone asks a question,
one that seems particularly perplexing to all of humankind.
And the rest of us discuss what the answer should be.

When that's exhausted, someone else asks another question.
The questions can be serious, or silly, so long as they will generate debate.

I'll start us off:
What came first, the chicken, or the egg?

Bonus Question: Why the hell does this question get asked so much?

Hunny
Hunny
head cheerleader

Are you an alien? : On other planets I am.
describe yourself : I am both sides of the coin, and I am neither. I love words. I think independently. I sing. Caffeine, to me, is a vitamin. I once voted for you in an election. You didn't win. Can I borrow five bucks?

Character sheet
# of finkelsteins # of finkelsteins: 1

http://www.ferbles.com

Back to top Go down

Answer the question! Empty Re: Answer the question!

Post  JL Sun May 01, 2011 11:27 am

I hate that question! The chicken or the egg is a causality dilemma and I hate dilemmas (lately I've noticed I hate everything).
Now, before I read the Wikipedia Article, I would say the chicken came first. Why the chicken? I say the evolution. Chicken has evolved into chicken from other species, right? So there is a moment when the chicken becomes chicken and gives a birth for the egg.....
wait a minute...
BUT, it can't go like that, because the chicken which is going to be now chicken, probably has born from egg also... What do you mean with egg, chicken egg or just egg? So now I have to answer it's egg. DAMN.

And Wikipedia is kinda useless because it doesn't give the correct answer. FUUUU~~

And to the bonus question:
People ask this question because they want to annoy and there is no answer. DUH!

Answer the question! 3853491962 eggs
JL
JL
beginner

Are you an alien? : yes

Character sheet
# of finkelsteins # of finkelsteins: 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunny Sun May 01, 2011 5:16 pm

:lol!: I think it is the egg, because a species of animal that isn't quite a chicken yet would lay a mutated egg, first, which when born would be a different species than the hen who laid it: the first chicken. So it's gotta be the egg.

As to the annoyance value of the question the beauty of the rule here is you can ask a new question Wink
Hunny
Hunny
head cheerleader

describe yourself : I am both sides of the coin, and I am neither. I love words. I think independently. I sing. Caffeine, to me, is a vitamin. I once voted for you in an election. You didn't win. Can I borrow five bucks?

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunny Wed May 04, 2011 11:49 pm

~ NEW QUESTION ~

Where does space end? (And how could it end?)(But how could it not end?) *head starts to spin*

Hunny
Hunny
head cheerleader

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  JL Thu May 05, 2011 6:23 am

First, I gotta say I hate this topic. But because those questions start to annoy me so much I gotta reply here. Lol
DILEMMA.

I don't think space ends. Actually, I don't have rights to answer this question, because I really know nothing about the subject. Maybe this question exists because we can't accept that something doesn't end, OR that we can't live with the fact we can't know everything.
But my father says that with this current knowledge humanity has, space is infinite. It is something human mind can't understand. It's same thing that infinity and eternity. ∞ <- like that mark. Maybe if one decides to travel space to see where it ends, one will eventually end up with the starting point.
JL
JL
beginner

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunny Thu May 05, 2011 8:30 am

Carl Sagan* says the cosmos - or 'universe'- is spherical (kind of). It's spherical in an 11 dimensional way. And because of that, if you tried to fly all the way to the outer edge, it would work out the same as if you tried to walk to the edge of the Earth (you'd just end up back where you started).

Does this mean space ends, or doesn't end? No. Because there are all these theories about other universes existing, one of which suggests there is an almost infinite number of other universes, all existing together like a vast froth of bubbles in....in where????? That is the real question.

Well I think you stated well, the nature of our frustration to grasp where we are, here:

JL wrote:...this question exists because we can't accept that something doesn't end, OR that we can't live with the fact we can't know everything.

To understand more, buy the series from PBS.
It's worth every penny. I can't recommend it enough.

Last edited by Hunny on Mon May 30, 2011 5:07 pm; edited 9 times in total
Hunny
Hunny
head cheerleader

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  JL Thu May 05, 2011 8:50 am

Hunny wrote:....if you tried to fly all the way to the outer edge, it would work out the same as if you tried to walk to the edge of the Earth (you'd just end up back where you started).

Hmm... that makes me think that space doesn't have a spot where it starts, so it can't end anywhere?
JL
JL
beginner

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunny Fri May 06, 2011 3:44 am

JL wrote:
Hunny wrote:....if you tried to fly all the way to the outer edge, it would work out the same as if you tried to walk to the edge of the Earth (you'd just end up back where you started).

Hmm... that makes me think that space doesn't have a spot where it starts, so it can't end anywhere?

exactly.

but while the earth is three-dimensional, the universe is eleven(?) dimensional,
so it is much harder to think of it, but physicists believe it is kind of a big bubble,
yet because of the extra dimensions it is a bubble that you cant really leave. if you walked to its outer edge you'd only end up going in a circle. Only way to describe it. (That series I linked you to tells about this, and makes it understandable. It's fascinating. I love Carl Sagan!!

Hunny
Hunny
head cheerleader

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  JL Fri May 06, 2011 5:04 am

Hunny wrote:
JL wrote:

exactly.

but while the earth is three-dimensional, the universe is eleven(?) dimensional,
so it is much harder to think of it, but physicists believe it is kind of a big bubble,
yet because of the extra dimensions it is a bubble that you cant really leave. if you walked to its outer edge you'd only end up going in a circle. Only way to describe it. (That series I linked you to tells about this, and makes it understandable. It's fascinating. I love Carl Sagan!!

Damn interesting. Seriously, it's so huge and unbelievable thing human mind can't just understand it!

Lol, the bubble must be huuuuge. Think about it. Think about those suns, what we mind as stars! They are so far far away~
JL
JL
beginner

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunny Sat May 07, 2011 11:17 am

Tumbles wrote:Hmm... that makes me think that space doesn't have a spot where it starts, so it can't end anywhere?

Well, first let me explain: A "dimension" is a direction of travel, in a sense. As "three-dimensional" beings , we perceive there being three directions physical things take shape within (height, width, and depth).

But we are actually four-dimensional beings, because time is considered to be a fourth "direction" of travel which physical things move along.

So.. because we are 4 dimensional, yet the universe we are in has 11 dimensions, it becomes impossible for us to comprehend its nature, physically. Being in only four dimensions, we are stuck with concepts like "begin" and "end", which in an eleven dimensional universe don't apply.
So yes, we experience the universe as having a center, where hydrogen exploded from, and over billions of years it whirled into condensed balls, which heated themselves and exploded, producing the atoms that condensed into still more whirling balls, which we call planets. We experience that this all emanates from a "center', where the big bang is thought to have occurred. And that implies that everything is moving outward, which in turn suggests there must be a "there", at the edge, and an "outside", beyond it. But these concepts of locations and directional movement are ALL 4-dimensional ideas. And we cannot see the other 7 dimensions. We cannot see where we are. We are like ants trying to contemplate the sky.

The "where" of where we are is much grander than we know how to imagine. It is much more complex than our limited ability to perceive. Could an ant ever figure out what the points of light are in the sky at night? No. It is too limited a species to be able to, ever. *Looks down* Is this our problem as well?

No. Or perhaps for the moment it is, but we are growing. We are capable of learning more. And still more exciting is that we are composed of stardust; we are actually the universe itself becoming conscious, becoming aware of itself. We are that! (So we are not as lowly as ants. But we may need to evolve much further over time..)

What excited me so about Sagan's Cosmos series (cosmos is another word for "universe") is
that he believes we are evolving, so we will someday get to the point where we can travel around in space to see other stars, and that the day should come when we do understand the nature of "where we are". Of course, those will be future humans, not us. We won't live to see this. But we are links in a chain, and it is fair to dream towards where the species is going, and do some work towards that direction...

"A still more glorious dawn awaits, not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with 400 billion suns..."

This you tube has 5.7 million views, testament to how loved Carl Sagan's Cosmos series is. Indeed, it changed me, when I watched that 13-part documentary series, as a child. And I feel changed again, if i watch it now. It tells us what we are, and where. It gives a hint of what existence is about, and that it is spectacular and amazing. He shows, in fact, that we are the universe itself, becoming aware. Watching Cosmos has been a spiritual experience for many, because it offers that. I can't recommend it enough.

*truly loves physics & cosmology, and probably should have warned ya! geek *

Hunny
Hunny
head cheerleader

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Answer the question! Empty Look out, the aliens are coming!

Post  EllenMcFelon Mon May 09, 2011 2:55 pm

~ NEW QUESTION ~

Look out! The aliens are coming!

Answer the question! 5704474996_38acf97d15_z

Why is it that every time the aliens come, the purpose of their visit is to stick things up asses?

Could this be a sign of what they think of us?

msn sheepalienprobe

Last edited by EllenMcFelon on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
EllenMcFelon
EllenMcFelon
child prodigy

Are you an alien? : yes, we are here to eat you
describe yourself : he he ...

Character sheet
# of finkelsteins # of finkelsteins: 0

Back to top Go down

Post  JL Wed May 11, 2011 5:38 pm

Oh, good point. It's true aliens in many movies or tv shows put things in to ass. Like some remotes, controllers etc.
Maybe they think it is good storage, and no one notices it. And on top of that, it would be very difficult to stick things up in ears, mouths or noses. The human would notice it straight away. Not that I wouldn't notice someone trying to stuff something in to my ass.
JL
JL
beginner

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunny Wed May 11, 2011 6:14 pm

Tumbles wrote:Oh, good point. It's true aliens in many movies or tv shows put things in to ass. Like some remotes, controllers etc.
Maybe they think it is good storage, and no one notices it. And on top of that, it would be very difficult to stick things up in ears, mouths or noses. The human would notice it straight away. Not that I wouldn't notice someone trying to stuff something in to my ass.

lol

I was thinking perhaps they were here previously, and misplaced an item in a rectum somewhere, but they just don't remember which one, so they got to check them all.

Answer the question! 3077217049

..Where do you suppose these aliens are from anyway? Uranus? It can't be Uranus. There's no life there!

Answer the question! 1682368401

Hunny
Hunny
head cheerleader

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  TokiKonoe Wed May 11, 2011 6:19 pm

I always thought they are probably from Mars. In movies they are always from Mars.
TokiKonoe
TokiKonoe
beginner

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunny Thu May 12, 2011 7:21 pm

Well, I don't know where the aliens come from (or why they don't have anal sex with their own animals Answer the question! 1682368401 ), but I have given this matter due consideration, and believe now that the sheep were clearly asking for it.
Photobucket

Hunny
Hunny
head cheerleader

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  EllenMcFelon Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:10 pm

EllenMcFelon
EllenMcFelon
child prodigy

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunny Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:41 am

~ NEW QUESTION ~

Answer the question! 180px-ThinkerToilet

If you were God for a day, what would you do?

Hunny
Hunny
head cheerleader

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Coffee Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:11 pm

Hunny wrote:

~ NEW QUESTION ~

If you were God for a day, what would you do?

I'd reveal the truth about aliens, and I'd get rid of money, and I'd make everyone live by this:

"How can i work with you, instead of against you?"

Oh, and I'd make my good servant Mo dictator. Answer the question! 3077217049

Mo Coffee
Mo Coffee
beginner

describe yourself : radical left wing bastard

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunny Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:08 pm

Mo, you took the words right out of my mouth.
Well..except for making you dictator.
I should be dictator.

Answer the question! 3421360609
Hunny
Hunny
head cheerleader

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  ShakeyPete Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:13 pm

I'd make peace, and myself very very rich.
I wouldn't cure disease though, because - though many won't understand me for sayin' this- people's diseases are the direct result of what condition their soul is in. It's a physical expression of your inner condition. SO, God can't end disease, because it would be interfering with people's autonomy to grow as they will...
But I'd make a peaceful socialistic world where this right wing CRAPitalism world exists now with all its attendant needless suffering victims.
So what do you say? Do I get the job? Answer the question! 2922479706
ShakeyPete
ShakeyPete
child prodigy

Are you an alien? : shhhh! no one's supposed to know, erm, I mean I'm from France!

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  EllenMcFelon Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:53 pm

Well, I think Mo and Pete should share the job,
and also give me a bunch of billions in mad money too.
(Oh, and an island. I always wanted to own an island,
maybe declare it a country and run it in ways the world
might not like, but screw the world, I'd have my own. Cool
EllenMcFelon
EllenMcFelon
child prodigy

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunny Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:27 am

~ NEW QUESTION ~

If all the nations in the world are in debt, who’s got all the money?

Hunny
Hunny
head cheerleader

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Cobb Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:54 pm

Hunny wrote:

~ NEW QUESTION ~

If all the nations in the world are in debt, who’s got all the money?

Good point. Let's all forgive each other, so we aren't so imaginarily poor then.
Bob Cobb
Bob Cobb
beginner

describe yourself : I'm Bob Cobb

Character sheet
# of finkelsteins # of finkelsteins:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down