see the whole forum
and post comments.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome

Make an account, so you can
see new posts marked,
see the whole forum
and post comments.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The If i had a comic book i would be Game

2 posters

:: Members Forum :: 

Go down

The If i had a comic book i would be Game Empty The If i had a comic book i would be Game

Post  Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:08 am

The If i had a comic book i would be Game

post comic book cover that you have seen that you like

i feel like pudge the girl blimp. even though i am not a girl or fat, I loved this comic as a kid. she did not fit in she was made fun of but still got high and had sex. there was hope for me too.....sigh, a simpler time the 70s....
http://www.comics.org/issue/31567/cover/4/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The If i had a comic book i would be Game Empty Re: The If i had a comic book i would be Game

Post  ShakeyPete Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:56 am

The "last" issue of GI Joe
The If i had a comic book i would be Game Joe155

It's not that I like this, though I did have toy soldiers and jeeps as a kid, and what's interesting is in this "last" issue, the b.s is admitted to. After all that "come on kids, let's kill for your country; it'll be heroic" -hyping war as deeply cool "adventure", at the end Joe explains that war "isn't an adventure". It's the kind of hypocrisy where one recommends something , then says "not that I'm recommending it"...It's exploitation, and to kids no less - like the way they used to encourage them to smoke by "telling them not to" *wink* (as they did in the 50's)

I see the way America is now ...and I remember growing up being taught to expect the opposite of how things actually are (all kinds of idealist fairy tales about fairness and goodness and rightness mattering above all ) and this just kind of speaks to me.
It says i was a kid and given stuff and it just seemed like toys to me. But then i grew up and became amazed at the total shit involved and that parents would provide this propaganda to their kids for the lying thieving murdering government.

But that's just me. I'm no hero.

...It's a shame I have to feel this way now. I actually liked this stuff when i was young.

But anyway, that's the grumpy way i feel a lot lately *shrug*

http://www.yojoe.com/comics/joe/joe155.shtml
ShakeyPete
ShakeyPete
child prodigy

Are you an alien? : shhhh! no one's supposed to know, erm, I mean I'm from France!

Character sheet
# of finkelsteins # of finkelsteins: 0

Back to top Go down

The If i had a comic book i would be Game Empty Re: The If i had a comic book i would be Game

Post  Hunny Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:27 am

This is a much older issue than I'd remember, but i used to read "Beano" comics, in England, as a kid.

As comic books go, much of it was just a colorful series of ads, but it seemed great then!

The If i had a comic book i would be Game Beano_Jan_6_1940

Here this is a little more like what it looked like (it's on a stamp the government issued!)

The If i had a comic book i would be Game 592px-Beano_Comic_Stamp

Hunny
Hunny
head cheerleader

Are you an alien? : On other planets I am.
describe yourself : I am both sides of the coin, and I am neither. I love words. I think independently. I sing. Caffeine, to me, is a vitamin. I once voted for you in an election. You didn't win. Can I borrow five bucks?

Character sheet
# of finkelsteins # of finkelsteins: 1

http://www.ferbles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down